Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Hard Week's Work


Setting my weekly goals is really helping me stay on task. I did finish those edits for Medallion and send them back for The Keepers of Sulbreth. I had a wonderful editor who gently led me through the process.

I did go see the kids play their sports. Some excitement, some boredom and even a little sunshine instead of bitter rain.

I did some promotion on my yahoo groups. Does anyone know if that really does anything for sales or directing people to a blog or website?

I visited my favorite blogs most days. I do really enjoy that. It provides a real feeling of connection when I'm sitting at my chaos-plagued writer's desk and yearn for a gallon-sized goblet of wine.
Today I actually planted some ground cover around the maple tree in my front yard and squirted a little chemical death on a few stubborn thistles determined to crowded into my flowerbeds.
I'm calling last week a success in the goal department. I have to keep it going so forgive me if they're all starting to sound the same.
#1 - Get back to editing 'One Good Woman.' Yes, I've decided on a title for the fourth book in the Solonian Chronicles. I'm nearly half way as I hoped to be this month despite the pause to work on The Keepers of Sulbreth.
#2- Clean up my writing desk and organize my expense list and income spread sheet.
#3-I'm going to make my writer's meeting next Saturday, someway, somehow.
#4-I'm going to make some changes on my website. I think I have some deadend pages. Duh.
#5-I'm going to do a little more outside work. No promises on how much, just SOME.

Now #1 might have to be adjusted if I get my manuscript back from The Wild Rose Press to do first edits on To Tame a Tiger.
Thanks for all the support over the past two weeks. I'm going for number three.

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Looks like good progress and good goals! Good luck! (a lot of 'good' in there, lol)
Yay on #3! Remember we're at Perkins this month!
V.

Ava Quinn said...

Great goals! Lots of writing in there. Hope to see you at Perkins!

Helen Ginger said...

Ya gotta admire a woman with a plan. Especially when she sticks to it and keeps moving forward. I think you should be congratulated on writing your goals and sharing them. (And accomplishing them.)

Helen
http://straightfromhel.blogspot.com

Natalie J. Damschroder said...

Nice work, Sue! You're inspiring me to keep plugging away. :)

Helen Ginger said...

Make changes on my website -- that one on my list keeps getting put off and shuffled to the bottom of the list. I need to move it up and make it a priority.