Still waiting for that plumber. Everything cleaned up but one bathroom out of use until he gets here. It's not a job I would want, but plumbers are really in demand and make good money. Probably because we become so desperate for their help, we're willing to pay anything. He promises to be here Saturday, nine days after our first call.
Last week, Spacerguy honored me with the Creative Blogger Award. Thanks Spacerguy. It means a lot when someone with such a cool blog recognizes me this way. Spacerguy blogs about Star Trek and other things sci-fi related. His posts are always interesting.
1. Thank the award-giver.
2.Share 5 facts about yourself
3.Nominate 10-20 bloggers for the award.
4. Pass on the rules.
So many of my friends are on blog hiatus for the summer or have been named by one of my other friends for this award, that I'm not passing it on at this time. I reserve the right to name you all at a later date.
Five things about me you might not know. (This part always makes me think I'm a boring person.)
1. I have an incredible green thumb. If I plant it, it grows and grows and grows. Don't know why.
2. Though I have degrees in Health and Physical education with a science minor, my true academic love was always math. Algebra, Geometry, Calculus, they all just made sense to me.
3. There are 3 bars in our small town. If my husband and I go into any one of them, one of our former students buys us a drink. Whether we want it or not.
4. I named my boys, David Michael, Michael James and James David. Good old fashioned Biblical names and if I had to yell at them, I knew I'd get at least part of the name right. Except for when I called them by the dog's name.
5. My family never went on vacation when I was growing up. I was eighteen the first time I went to the beach with a friend.
Do you know Spacerguy? How long have you waited for a plumber or repairman? How old were you when you first saw the ocean? Ever call your kids by the wrong name or have your parents do that to you? Don't you love math? It's so logical.