Monday, April 24, 2017

Good Things are All Around Us

It's another few days of rain, but there's been lots of shining things lately. Before I get to that, let me remind you that next Wednesday is Insecure Writer's Support Group posting day. The question for that day is:
What is the weirdest/coolest thing you've ever had to research for a story?
Or just share your current insecurity.

Visit today at IWSG and check out why and how you need to get reviews for your books. Also, don't forget to get ready for the Twitter Pitch we have coming on July 27th. A good idea between now and then is to check out other pitching sessions and get ideas on how to write the perfect tweet. Here is a place to start with #pitmad. They have pitches scheduled for the upcoming months. Time to practice.

In the good things category of the past week.
One of our neighbors has sheep and the new lambs are out and cavorting.
My daughter and I saw a Bald Eagle sitting in a tree by the river when we were driving.
Did some babysitting for the granddaughter (7 weeks old now) and she's developing her own pleasant little personality and sleeping all night for her parents.
I stopped the car at an intersection for my daughter to hop out and rescue a small turtle. Why do they like roads?
My children and husband were super supportive this past weekend.
My writing pace is keeping up so far. 2,000 words per day.
Friday will be the second rendition of the WE ARE THE WORLD blog hop. Join for good news.

There's been some not so good news but I'll keep that all to myself. It was a pretty stressful week so I'm looking at the good things.

 "The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don't always spoil the good things and make them unimportant." —Doctor Who
What good thing, no matter how small, cheered you up this past week? Are you working on that pitch for Twitter? Do you see Bald Eagles or turtles around where you live? Make me smile today.





19 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

Hope the rain dosen't last too long.
We've had NO April showers.....probably come later.
Looking forward to the ISWG as usual.
Yvonne.

Ann Bennett said...

7 weeks old and sleeping through the night, clearly a gifted child. I love babies.

Focusing on the good is important. We have so little control about things. It's important to feel good.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That's amazing you saw a bald eagle. I've never seen one in the wild. I have seen a lot of turtles on the road though.

Despite the rain, we put up a privacy fence this weekend. One step closer to that pool I want.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susan - no bald eagles here ... but we do get toads on the roads at breeding times! I could show you a Snakelocks Anemone down in our tidal pools ... !!

Sounds like you've got lots going on - enjoy your granddaughter ... and the sheep and lambs nearby .. cheers Hilary

http://positiveletters.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/s-for-sheep.html

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I've lost track of how many turtles crossing the road that we've rescued. My husband actually keeps work gloves in the car to use in picking up the turtles, especially the big ones. (You have to watch the kind of turtles they are, though, because some have those long necks and can reach back and bite.)

Christine Rains said...

Good morning! Lots of good things going on there. My son turned seven last week and we had my mom visiting. So we had tons of good times. Have a terrific week! :)

Pat Hatt said...

Sleeping through the night is sure a win. Seen a few turtles trying to get across roads here. The good and bad sure come no matter how much we hate the bad. The good is like Imodium and the bad is ex-lax, just craps all over you lol

H.R. Bennett said...

Sounds like you've had some good things this last week. I wish I could keep up that pace!

Maria Zannini said...

Hooray for sleeping all night. That's a gift in itself.

The coolest thing we saw was the other day. We found a red fox in the hay barn. We had had a fierce storm come through and somehow she found a way in and sheltered there.

She was gorgeous!

cleemckenzie said...

New ones are so lovely when they match their nighttime sleep cycle with Mom's and Dad's. Great writing report. I have to check and see if I did half of that.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

It's great to be positive and focus on the good things rather than the not so good, because we all have both on a daily basis. Sleeping through the night at 7 weeks is excellent! Lucky parents.

J E Oneil said...

There are lambs?! I want to be there now!! Also it's nice that your daughter helped the turtle. They're cute, too. But I so want to squeeze the lambs.

messymimi said...

Red-Headed Alec is now engaged to his sweetheart, and she's expecting. He's got a great job at a store where they are teaching him to be a butcher, so he'll always have a skill he can use to make a living for them all. That's our good news for today, they came by to show me the ring, and an ultrasound picture.

betty said...

That is wonderful your granddaughter is sleeping through the night at 7 weeks! What a relief for the parents!

betty

Jo said...

No turtles or eagles but regularly see black squirrels which are so cute. And spring has finally arrived, everything is beginning to green and there is blossom on some trees too. Not only that, asparagus should be available next week.

Patricia Stoltey said...

There are bald eagles in our part of Northern Colorado, but I've only seen one so far, and that was from in distance using binoculars. I look forward to the day I see one up close. They are so spectacular.

LD Masterson said...

Oh, I love the site of lambs playing in the grass. But I rarely get to see a bald eagle.

You've made me want to think of some good things. The weather is perfect. We're getting a tree plated to replace a dead one that had to come down. I attended my granddaughter's orchestra concert last night and they were wonderful. And I'm going to my grandson's rugby game tonight. All good things. Thanks!

Michelle Wallace said...

A policeman in the big city stops a man in a car with a eagle in the front seat.
"What are you doing with that eagle?" He exclaimed, "You should take it to the zoo."
The following week, the same policeman sees the same man with the eagle again in the front seat, with both of them wearing sunglasses.
The policeman pulls him over.
"I thought you were going to take that eagle to the zoo!"
The man replied, "I did. We had such a good time we are going to the beach this weekend!"

Hope that made you smile Susan!

Jemi Fraser said...

Michelle - LOVE that! :)

The good things do shine through. It's been a hectic, stressful week here as well, but, on the good side, my son has adopted a beautiful, sweet rescue dog :)