Monday, November 20, 2017

Give Thanks

It's that time of year to give thanks for all my blessings. So, so many. Family, friends, warm home, great food, health and safety, and living in a country where those things are possible. The Gourley house will be filled to the limit with fun, laughter, and way too much food, all prepared by moi.

But it's not the way for everyone in our country. It's the time of year to give generously to food banks and other organizations who help make sure everyone can have a Thanksgiving meal. There will also be football on the TV for most of the day. Its the first time in many years that all my children will be home and off work for the entire day.

I haven't watched the entire The Punisher series on Netflix yet as I write this, but I like it so far. Frank Castle is more interesting that at first glance. And it's not all shoot-em-up stuff going on. And I'm glad to see season 2 of Frontier is coming to Netflix later this month. Finally saw Thor, and it didn't disappoint. It will definitely be in my video library once it's available.

Speaking of video library, I no longer buy blu-ray or DVD style media. Any movie I decide to purchase I get through Amazon video. Nothing to store and I can watch it on my Kindle, with my Fire stick, or on my computer.

I don't like to think about Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but I have completed some Christmas shopping early. Just little things to bring a smile. It's really difficult to find those things when the kiddies are actually adults.

On Wednesday, I will feature Tara Tyler and all you need to know about her newest release, Disposal. I hope you'll stop in and check out her newest. The next time I will post will be on the first Wednesday of December for IWSG.

Are you having Thanksgiving at your house or traveling somewhere else? Did you watch the Punisher? Have you watched Frontier? Do any Christmas shopping yet? Do you still buy blu-ray or DVDs?


13 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

I wish you a very Happy ThanksGIVING Susan, whatever trials and tribulations on has in life there is always a time to be thankful they're not worse.
Have a wonderful week.

Yvonne.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I already did some Christmas shopping, mostly small things I picked up throughout the year that I thought people would enjoy. Still a lot to do, but that will have to wait until NaNo is done. Or until I'm done with NaNo. :)

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Enjoy having your whole family home.

We download most music CDs, but I still like having a physical copy of movies.

Pat Hatt said...

Sounds like you'll have a grand thanksgiving indeed. Physical copies of things are going by the wayside here too. Punisher has been good indeed. 3 episodes to go.

messymimi said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Ann Bennett said...

I'll have to check out those shows. I have limited television watching time so I try to be picky.

It's good to be thankful. I am on a mad dash straightening up the house. HaHa, I'm on the computer. But that will be what I do when I finish reading my blogs.

Cheers, Ann Have a great Thanksgiving.

Janie Junebug said...

I'm cooking Thanksgiving dinner for all two of us. Plus, I suspect the dogs will have a little turkey added to their kibble that day.

Love,
Janie

J E Oneil said...

I'm glad that The Punisher was good after Iron Fist was so bad and The Defenders so uneven. Anyway, I hope you and your family have a nice Thanksgiving :)

Jemi Fraser said...

We're Canadian, so we had our T-day last month. I'll be envious of all the turkey scents wafting from the south! :)
Enjoy the day and your family!!

mshatch said...

I hope you have a wonderful day with your family :)

betty said...

How neat all the family will be together to enjoy a day of thanksgiving!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

betty

Jo said...

Happy Thanksgiving Susan, enjoy being with your family. I didn't know you could get your movies that way, I must investigate. For the ones I want to see it would be fine, for the ones Matt might want to see I would have to have the physical DVD.

Patricia Stoltey said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Susan! I'm having a quiet Thanksgiving this year with only my husband, Sassy Dog, and Katie Cat in attendance. I do a little cooking (a turkey breast and homemade stuffing) but mostly take the easy way out on the pie and side dishes. I'm still doing NaNoWriMo so will also write today. I do most of my movie watching via Netflix streaming or my two DVD rentals per month. I'll be watching Wonder Woman this evening.