Monday, July 16, 2018

Happening This Week

Where to start? First of all, I have a guest post at Paranormal Romantics. Thank you, Diane Burton for inviting me. If you've been following my mini-tour, you can guess that I'm talking about science again. Please stop by and share your opinions.

This coming Wednesday, Heidi Hormel will be on this blog as part of my Wednesday Author Spotlight plan. Are you into the RV life? Please stop back and read what Heidi has to say.

This Thursday is IWSG Twitter pitch party. Read the rules first and then use this #IWSGPit. You still have a few days to get your pitch ready.

This a a great article posted by Anne R. Allen back in June about some scams directed at desperate writers. Take a look.

Here's a quick little post from Penny Sansevieri on using blogging to promote your writing. She says some very sensible things.

I think Killjoys is returning this Friday night. I hope so. It really ended on a cliffhanger. The 100 and Salvation are not disappointing this season. Both are really tense and so many characters are stuck with no good decisions.

 "It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities." J.K. Rowling

Today is another day of brutal heat, but we had some rain yesterday so my grass has a chance to survive. Good day to stay inside and hit that elliptical and write. Still keeping up with my 1,000 words per day.

Are you giving the pitch party a try? Any one try to scam you lately? Getting any writing done?

13 comments:

nashvillecats2 said...

You certainly have much going on this week Susan, Hope all goes according to plan.

Yvonne.

Pat Hatt said...

I get the scam emails once in a while, but delete they go. Ugg to the heat, it is back here today too. Choices define us indeed.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I will certainly be watching the Twitter feed as DLP.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks, Yvonne. The weather is keeping me inside anyway.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

My spam filter is pretty good. It usually catches all of them.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Hope you find some goodies.

Christine Rains said...

That's a lot going on! I wish good luck to everyone participating in the Pitch. It is a fantastic opportunity. Hope you have a great week. :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks. Are you still on vacation? Lucky you.

Jay Noel said...

Yes, we're dealing with continued brutal heat here in Missouri too. The temperature will say it's 88, but heat index at 99. I played tennis yesterday, and I was soaked.

betty said...

Does seem like a busy week with all that is going on with various parts of social media :)

Summer heat. We never quite get used to it and we "crave" just a bit of it when it is in the middle of winter with cold temps :)

betty

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Thanks Susan - excellent links in here ... and while I'm not going to be participating in the pitchparty - good luck with it - cheers Hilary

J E Oneil said...

Ugh, the heat. I'm staying inside with the AC, thank you very much. It's certainly a lot more conducive to writing. Great job on the 1000 words a day :)

Anonymous said...

I've been doing good on my writing. It's kinda scaring me. LOL