Monday, July 8, 2019

Connie C. Scharon: Protector of the Highlands

A warm welcome to Connie Scharon, a very good writing friend and someone who works hard on her career. Her books are exciting and her characters heroic while still being realistic. If your looking for strong heroines and men smart enough to appreciate them, her Scottish Historical books are for you. Take it away, Connie:

 For Readers

Ever since I was a child I have had a little of what people call second sight, weird dreams that later come true and some non-explainable premonitions. This made me fascinated by the power of the mind, so I decided to make my latest heroine learn how to hypnotize people in order to save herself. I interviewed a hypnotist to make her powers realistic, and I think this gave my latest Scottish Historical Romance, Protector of the Highlands, an interesting twist.


For writers

I self-published my first book in June of 2013 and was lucky enough to have it and my subsequent releases hit Amazon’s Top 100 Bestsellers’ List. I have published nine books since then. Eight in my Highland Legends series, and one crazy Time Travel Murder Mystery, which I loved, but no one bought. Bottom line is I still haven’t figured out what can make one a magical moneymaker and another have lack luster sales. Every time I do a release, I try to create interest in the book on my social media platforms, do paid advertising, and book signings. Recently, advertising my back list on Amazon has created increased sales across the series. You can do this if your book is Amazon exclusive.

Blurb 

A medieval romance and a murder mystery rolled into one twisted tale of love and betrayal!


Bio

A fan of dark and dangerous medieval Scotland, Connie C. Scharon writes Highland Legends, a Scottish Historical Romance series set in the fourteenth century. Multiple trips to the British Isles have continued to fuel her imagination and produce more stories, but that is not her only interest.
After spending thirty-four years in the medical field, she is weaving some of her hospital experience, visits to the morgue, and crime lab into some new mystery novels with a medical twist. No release date yet.



Have you ever been hypnotized or witnessed someone being hypnotized? Have you visited anywhere in the British Isles? Do you have any marketing advice to add to what Connie shared? Don't you love that book cover?


6 comments:

Liza said...

I have never been hypnotized, but I definitely believe in second sight. Something things just can't be coincidences!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Connie. No, we certainly can't tell what will be a hit and what won't.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats on the Highland Legends series. More books sell more books.

Pat Hatt said...

Second sight sure can be trippy. Good to know the amazon ads work.

messymimi said...

The idea of being hypnotized rather scares me, but i do like the idea of using it on someone else to escape. That is a really interesting twist to weave into a plot!

betty said...

That is great you had success on Amazon with your self published book back in 2013. If I ever got hypnotized and I doubt I would, it would be to help me lose weight though I was able to do that successfully (dropping 50 pounds last year, still maintaining) on my own with healthy diet and lifestyle.

To continued successes in your writing!

betty