Monday, August 18, 2008

So much about writing is the waiting for a reply. You hope for that contract but often what you get is a rejection. I feel like I spent the last two months checking my email three or four times a day in hopes of receiving those replies. It's been my greatest single method of procrastinating.
In the last two weeks I finally heard from two of my hopes. One was the release date for my third novel in The Solonian Chronicles. A Ruthless Good will be released in January of 2009. This third book in my futuristic romance series from New Concepts Publishing carries on with the story of a futuristic earth and man's struggle to rebuild and survive. You'll revisit the heroes and heroines from the first two books, The Greater Good and The Lesser Evil, and meet some new interesting characters and their story of love and sacrifice. I'm still waiting on the cover art for that one.
The second reply I received was from an editor at Samhain about the first book of a fantasy series I hope to sell to their fine company. She asked for more edits. That's my next project. I'll be starting tomorrow and hope to finish those within four weeks.
The third reply I'm still waiting for is from Medallion Press on the second book in the fantasy series I have with them. The first book in that series, The Keepers of Sulbreth, will be released in 2010 under the name Susan Gourley. I use that name for my work that is not romance. I'm waiting to hear if they want the second book, Beyond the Gate. If you haven't read anything released by Medallion Press you should give it a try. Every book I've read from them as been excellent.
As all writers know, the way to wait for those replies is to not wait. Get busy working on the next novel. So, I'm going to work on my edits for Samhain and then take that rough draft I just completed for another fantasy series I've started. And I will be checking my email for word from Medallion but maybe only twice a day.

No comments: