Friday, November 28, 2008

Gift Giving

I hope few of you were swept up in the mob of shoppers today. I refrained as I have for many years. I do have my shopping lists compiled and they're much smaller than many other years. And I've picked up a few small items over the course of the last few weeks. But I'm not feeling the pressure yet. I have two sons in their early twenties, one working, one in college, and they claim money would be the best gift. What fun is that on Christmas morning?
I love Christmas when I can find the perfect gift for everyone. Price has nothing to do with it. A perfect gift proves intimate knowledge of the receiver by the giver. I can remember the times I found those wonderful perfect gifts and the times I received them. And none of them were expensive or even rare items. So though my lists are mostly complete with things my children and spouse have intimated they would like to have, I'm still searching for those 'perfect' gifts from my heart to them.
What gifts have you given or received that were perfect? Do you have any planned for this year?

1 comment:

BookChook said...

Hi Susan,

Just linked here from Twitter.

I confess to feeling a bit like a grumpy old woman re Christmas this year. I have SO much to do, aside from Christmas, that I can't even bear to spare the holiday a thought in case I get further behind.

My own writing is taking a back seat and that makes me grumpy and twitchy.

But your question made me pause and remember great gifts I've given. Mostly they were exactly as you said - times I'd thought a lot and come up with the perfect match. Thanks for giving me pause for a tiny bit of reflection amongst the chaos!

Book Chook, another Susan