Promotion is tough and can feel as lonely as writing and even more frustrating. Fortunately, I have friends who not only give me advice but support me in many ways. Let me introduce you to a few of them.
Fellow author, Natalie Damschroder, recently gave me a shout-out on her blog for Beyond the Gate. Natalie keeps so many balls in the air between her writing, her work and her family, she puts me to shame with my whining about not having enough time for everything. She has a new release coming out from Carina Press in April. You'll hear more about that here during the A to Z blogging challenge. Thanks, Natalie.
A few weeks ago, Lisa Lawmaster Hess, gifted me with the Stylish Blogger Award on her blog, The Porch Swing Chronicles. Part of the award is to pass it on to some deserving others. I'm going to do that in a later post. I'm also supposed to confess 7 things about myself.
1) I come from a large family of seven children and counting my stepsons, I have six children myself.
2) I won an athletic scholarship to college during an era when they weren't common. Who would have believed I would end up a writer?
3) I own three different DVD versions of Pride and Prejudice. I watch at least one of them every two weeks or so.
4) I grew up on a dairy farm and often had to get up at 4:00am to milk the cows before I went to school. I sometimes fell asleep in science class.
5) I still love all of Clint Eastwood's old westerns, especially, The Outlaw Josey Wales.
6) My favorite drink is amaretto on the rocks.
7) I'm not afraid of snakes, wild animals but spiders scare me enough to call for help. They are really, really creepy.
Thank you again to Lisa and Natalie. I hope you'll stop by and visit them, make some new friends to help you on in this difficult business.