Thursday, October 27, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

From FB
So much to do, so little time. The housecleaning will have to wait. I'm traveling to University of North Caroline today with my daughter for a college visit.  We did a lot of visits this past summer and this is the last school on her top three list for us to check out. Financially it's the best fit as compared to George Washington University and University of Boston.  And it is warmer.  I'll be out of blog touch for two days until Saturday.

When I return, I have to jump on my edits for my next fantasy romance. Courage of a Tiger will be released in mid December from New Concepts Publishing.  I hope to have the edits done by Monday. Then I need to dive back into the edits for Beyond the Gate, second book in my epic fantasy series, The Futhark Chronicles. 

Two weeks from Saturday, I'm part of an author panel at a local independent bookstore, The Midtown Scholar.  I'll be speaking on writing fantasy and romance. I'm excited but I have to put together a 5-7 minute talk and be ready for questions. I'll also get to sell my books. (Remember all those remainders)

It's the end of the grading quarter at work so I have some extra work at the day job.  But I love being busy and having deadlines.

How busy are you for the upcoming month? Have you visited your local independent bookstore lately?

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

UNC in Chapel Hill? She'll be a Tarheel!

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Have fun on your college visit. The author panel also sounds like fun. You're life is filled with excitement :)

Cate Masters said...

Safe travels!
Glad you'll be part of the Midtown panel too. It will be good to see you.
November's especially busy because of NaNoWriMo. As if the upcoming holidays weren't enough, lol

Kristen Pelfrey said...

Hi Susan!
I'm still Paying it Forward.
Love the post. Hooray for writers who also teach and do piles of other stuff.
I hope you and your daughter have a lovely journey.

The Happy Whisk said...

Yikes, you are one busy chick. Hope things slow down sometime, or at least long enough to enjoy the weekend holiday.

Happy Oogie Boogie Day.

Golden Eagle said...

You do sound busy!

Jamie Gibbs said...

Sadly, there are not independant book stored where I am, just one chainstore, which is sad :( This month I hope to be ploughing through a couple of new books as well as participating in Movember. Let the hair growing commence!