Thursday, November 28, 2013

I Give Thanks

I usually dedicate my blog to subjects about writing but today is too special. No one gets through this life without lose, sadness and disappointments. If we're lucky, we have people around us to remind us of happiness, successes and what we still have no matter how much we've lost. There are so many things to be thankful for.

I'm thankful for my faith, which I seldom mention online, that has helped me sleep many nights. I'm thankful that I live in the USA where I have the freedom to work, to criticize our politicians, and where I believe there is a chance for my children to thrive. Though that one had worried me more in the past year than ever before. I'm thankful for the close family I grew up in and for the one I've made with my husband. I have two wonderful stepsons, three sons of my own and a daughter. With the beloved extras they bring with them, we'll have a full house today. And I'm thankful we'll be warm and have lots of food. I'm thankful for the friends I have, in person friends and online friends.

I've been a little frustrated lately with something in my writing career, but for today, everything I have that isn't about writing is more then enough. I'm happy and contented. On the first Thanksgiving, they were thankful for so what would seem like so little today. But it was enough. I hope you all have enough to be content and thankful today. And that you get a nap. God bless all of you.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Dana said...

Beautiful post! Happy Thanksgiving, Susan!

Pat Hatt said...

One full house indeed at your feed. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The first Thanksgiving, they were thankful just to be alive.
Have a great and blessed Thanksgiving, Susan!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks you, friends, for taking the time to visit on this day. Hope you're as surrounded by love as I am today.

Bossy Betty said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Susan!

Robin said...

There are so many good things... things to be thankful for despite all of the frustrations of Life. This is a wonderful day to look back and just be thankful we had Enough.

Heather R. Holden said...

What great things to be thankful for! Hope you had a fantastic Thanksgiving!

Cate Masters said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday, Susan.

Maria Zannini said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving--and a well-deserved nap. :)

J.L. Campbell said...

Susan,

So true that in comparison to what we have today, there wouldn't seem to be much for the early settlers to appreciate. Clearly they did give thanks for their blessings and so should we.

Shannon Lawrence said...

Lovely post, and Happy Day After Thanksgiving!

The Warrior Muse

Unknown said...

Always so good to remind ourselves of what is wonderful and true in our lives! Thank you.

Karen Elizabeth Brown said...

Sometimes I forget we are lucky to be in a country where we can complain and get away with it. Instead of complaints, however, we should be finding what's good in this country and help building it up. Thanksgiving is a reflective time for me and I hope for all.

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Susan,

Happy Thanksgiving weekend. I hope you had a lovely holiday with your wonderful family. You are so right. Family and close friends is something to really be thankful for…

Shelter, food, and contentment is all we really need. AND a computer that works with internet service… LOL.