Monday, November 24, 2014

Oh, How I Miss You Blogfest

The bloggers you miss and the ones you would miss. 
List one to three bloggers you really miss. 
List one to three bloggers you would really miss if they stopped blogging. 
And then go let them know!


This are the rules for this blogfest hosted by three fine gentlemen. Andrew Leon, Matthew MacNish and Alex J. Cavanaugh. Visit any of their blogs and see the list of participants and perhaps follow some links to some blogs you may not have met before.

One of the first blogs I followed and admired was Straight From Hel by Helen Ginger. She posted a variety of things on a regular schedule including interviews, book reviews (really amusing at times) and shared insights from industry professionals. At some point, without remembering the details, Helen slowed down her blogging because of other demands on her time. I only realized about a week ago that I hadn't visited her for a long time. Stop by and check out some of the interesting posts by this wonderful lady. I've missed her.

The people I would miss most are my comrades in arms at the IWSG website. If any of these smart, energetic friends stopped blogging, I think I would quit also. I would lose all faith in the fellowship of blogging. I've learned so much from them and feel their support in all my blogging and writing endeavors. Love you guys.

Alex J. Cavanaugh
L. Diane Wolfe
J.L. Campbell
Michelle Wallace
Lynda R. Young
Joylene Nowell Butler

On another personal note, I signed a contract earlier this week on my second Warriors of Gaviron book. That makes my 18th contract for a novel, spread over three different small presses. My publisher wants to rush edits on this one so I suspect I'll be busy over Thanksgiving.

I'll have a short post on Wednesday and visit you all between cooking and cleaning. Who do you miss blogging? Who can't you do without? Taking some days off from blogging for Thanksgiving?

28 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susan .. I quite agree with your IWSG crew ... and Helen's informative articles still pop up - I see her around.

Congratulations on your 18th contract .. amazing ... good luck with the editing and cooking and cleaning ... enjoy the family time .. cheers Hilary

Dani said...

Yes, these guys would be missed sorely!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Thanks, Susan! I certainly would miss all of you.
I used to visit Ginger all the time and agree her book reviews were hilarious.
Thanks for participating in our blogfest.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Congratulations on the contract and good luck with the edits. I'm hoping to "win" NaNo by Thursday - fingers crossed. :)

Happy Thanksgiving!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Congrats on the contract!

I would miss all of you, too. We've come together well as a team.

Matthew MacNish said...

I'm not sure if I know Helen. I'll have to go find out!

Pat Hatt said...

Congrats indeed on the contract. Many bloggers out and about to miss indeed

Jay Noel said...

Way to go with signing your contract!

I don't know Helen, but at least she posted this month. Many of us slow down at some point, only to come back full-force.

The Happy Whisk said...

Congrats on #18.

Julie Flanders said...

Congratulations on your new contract. That's awesome. Happy Thanksgiving!

Margo Kelly said...

18th contract for a novel! WOW! Congrats. :)

Ava Quinn said...

Wahoo!!! Congratulations on your contract, Sue! And you know I'd miss you if your blog were gone!!! ::shivers:: Don't even want to contemplate that! Have a wonderful holiday!

Hart Johnson said...

I totally need to stop by Helen's again! Like you, she was an early one on my ranks! And yeah, the IWSG is an important cornerstone...

Jemi Fraser said...

Helen is wonderful! I love her disclaimers - so much fun! Enjoy your Thanksgiving :)

Andrew Leon said...

Straight from Hel? Okay, I'll have to check that out from the title alone.

J.L. Campbell said...

Congrats, Susan. You're what I call a prolific writer. I hope you make your deadline and understand your need to get busy with the writing over the holiday.

I've been kinda MIA on the blogging scene, but I'd also miss the team members if the dropped out of the blogging world.

J E Oneil said...

There are so many people I'd miss if they stopped blogging. Can I just list my entire blogroll?

Congrats on the contract. Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Fundy Blue said...

Congratulations on your 18th contact! Wow! That is so inspiring. And thanks for visiting my blog today via the blogfest. It's fun meeting all these new bloggers. I too am grateful for all of the encouraging IWSG members, and I appreciate and enjoy each of the bloggers you mentioned. Have a happy day!

Christine Rains said...

Congratulations! I'd miss a lot of bloggers if they stopped blogging. I do have posts pre-scheduled while I'm away from the internet. Happy Thanksgiving. :)

Melissa Sugar said...

Congratulations on your contract. Very impressive. I don't think I am familiar with Helen, but sounds like a blogger I want to check out. I am so in awe and impressed by a great many of you who remain dedicated and true to blogging despite your work, book, and family obligations. I wish I could learn to mange time better.

I blog for a while and then I just disappear. I never truly disappear. I continue reading my favorite blogs, I just don't participate or comment or post on my own blog. Sometimes, it just consumes and overwhelms me and if I am into something big at work, I feel like I can't devote enough of my time to blogging to make a real contribution, so I just slack off. I know its not the right way to do it, but some days, weeks, months ... I feel like I barely have a full half hour at home with family.

Sorry for whining. This blogfest just hit me. There are so many bloggers out there I am immensely grateful to and whom I would truly miss.

No matter how often or how long I disappear for , so many of you , like Alex and others are eager to welcome me back and that is actually brining tears to my eyes right now.

Take care.

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

We make a good team!
Congrats on your latest contract!

Donna McDine said...

Congratulations on your 18th book contract...woo hoo! Happy Thanksgiving!

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Ah, thank you for including me, Susan. Brought tears to my eyes because I haven't been able to get online as often as I want and I was feeling a bit down about it. I'd miss you too and the gang.

Crystal Collier said...

Yay for signing your book contract! Awesome news. (And I shall celebrate by eating cheese.)

Unleashing the Dreamworld

Sherry Ellis said...

Congratulations on your new contract! That is awesome news!

Tammy Theriault said...

Susan, you made a fab list of amazing bloggers!

klahanie said...

Hey Susan,

I know all those folks you would miss! Each and every one of them is an adoring fan of mine.

Wow, that's a lot of contracts. Well done and have fun.

It should be noted that your reference to "IWSG" is actually a dedication site to me, aka "I Was Seeking Gary."

Gary :)

J Lenni Dorner said...

Good list. Congrats on the contract. Happy editing!