Wednesday, November 1, 2023

IWSG: November 2023

 


Whew, November already. Thanks to all the admins at IWSG and our founder, Alex J. Cavanaugh, we're still going strong with our monthly supportive blog hop. Please find the entire list of participants here.

This month's optional question:

November is National Novel Writing Month. Have you ever participated? If not, why not?

I have never participated in NaNo and likely never will. It's not how I write, with that hurried urgency to just get words on the page. I admire those who do and will cheer them on. I know many writers have written successful novels during NaNo. I won't be one of them.

I am working on new writing and getting work done of the books I received my rights back from the publishers who previously held them. Not all the books were published before I took back the rights, but most of them have already been through multiple rounds of edits.


My big news is that with the help of others, I've re-released First Dragon, Book One of The Morbunda Trilogy. 

Birthed in fire. Bound by family.
A fast-paced tale of a war smoldering for centuries and waiting for a spark to burn down the fragile peace. The foundling, Kerik, learns his true nature as war rolls over the land of Morbunda. Everyone he cares about is in danger and only he has the power to keep them safe. But can one dragon stand against an entire invading army?

Find First Dragon on Amazon in ebook and print.

I'm busy doing final line edits on the second book, War Dragon. And still working on my new stuff which is a change for me. Usually, I tend to only work on one project at a time.

Not that there's anything to distract me on TV. This week I'm going to try Bodies on Netflix. Nothing else interests me right now. But I've kicked my workouts into a higher gear and am back to jogging after almost two years of walking only. I'm sooooo slow, but it still feels good and I've lost some weight. I hope I can keep it going as cold weather creeps in to ruin my days.

I hope those of you in the USA have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. The family all comes to my house so I'll be busy and exhausted but also surrounded by love and fun. Everyone gets along and there's never drama. I wish that all for you also.

Are you doing NaNo? Are you dreading the cold like I am? Having Thanksgiving at your house?


14 comments:

Liza said...

Sadly, lately I always find an excuse not to walk. It's too hot, it's too cold, I had a busy day at work. I'm looking for some inspiration so I can get myself out there, regardless of my excuses. Your Thanksgiving sounds lovely. Enjoy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Great cover for First Dragon.
And awesome you are running again!

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Congrats on the new release! And good luck with the new writing!

I like the idea of jogging again, but I suppose I should get back to walking first. :)

H. R. Sinclair said...

I don't like that hurried frenzy either but I didn't know that until I tried NaNoWriMo. 😏

Natalie Aguirre said...

NaNo isn't how I write either. Good luck with your final edits.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That helps many have been through several rounds of edits. Congrats on the re-release.

cleemckenzie said...

Congratulations on your book, Susan!

I’m in the no NaNo camp with you. I don’t need that kind of stress added to what I already have in my life.

J E Oneil said...

It never works for me either. I'm always amazed at people who do it, and just how many there are. I'm glad you received the rights back. Nice work on the re-release.

Jemi Fraser said...

We had 6 inches of snow a few days ago. About half of that is sticking around. I use a treadmill because our winter can be so long. But I'm a walker at best. Good for you on the jogging!

Lynda R Young as Elle Cardy said...

You have been super busy! Congrats for First Dragon. Sounds like a great story.

Diane Burton said...

Congrats on your re-release. I don't write the way you have to for NaNo. Definitely not the way I roll.

messymimi said...

I'm glad things are moving along with your books. We readers couldn't read if you writers didn't write.

Thanksgiving and Christmas consist of some people in our family refusing to come at the same time as other people, and me driving to NOLA, cooking a meal, cleaning up after a meal, and driving home. Mostly exhausting, with a side of sad.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

I'm also not a speed writer. I'm glad to see I'm in good company! Your new, old release sounds like a wonderful story! Love the tagline.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog