Saturday, January 2, 2010

First of Its Kind

My publisher, Medallion Press, posted an interview they did with me as part of my book release, The Keepers of Sulbreth. I like the written interview as I had lots of time to think about my answers and try to sound intelligent.
You may find out I'm not a big fan of urban fantasy and perhaps that is why I'm having trouble getting an agent. They really, really are hot for urban fantasy as opposed to epic or sword and sorcery fantasy. I hope there are lots of readers out there to prove them wrong.
What do you think about urban fantasy versus classic fantasy? I consider LoTR a perfect example of classic, epic fantasy.
Read my interview here and give me your critique, but be kind.

3 comments:

Arlee Bird said...

It was a fine interview. I agree that a written interview does allow for greater depth and thought. If I were to read fantasy I think I might lean toward Urban Fantasy. I must confess that I had never heard that term and had to look it up. I know there are a lot of fantasy fans out there but, alas, I am not one. Maybe someday I will grow to appreciate it. I'm sure your books are quite well written.
Lee
http://tossingitout.blogspot.com/

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thank you for checking out my interview. It was fun doing it. There is a lot of popular urban fantasy out there right now. I'm glad lots of it is inspiring young people to read.

Helen Ginger said...

I'm not a big fantasy reader, but do read some fantasy. I like ones that put me into a different time period or a fantasy place so that I'm immersed.

Helen
Straight From Hel