Saturday, February 5, 2011

Smiles All Around

What makes you smile each day? Well, I teach high school so I admit teenagers make me smile hundreds of times each day and often I laugh out loud.  If you're a parent of a teenager, perhaps you can't believe that or maybe you understand completely. I hope it's the second one.

In my writing life, many of my fellow bloggers make me smile.  Nancy Williams gave me this award so I'm passing it on.  Some are so witty, I can't believe some major publisher hasn't grabbed them up. Their blog posts are clever and often informative.  Here are my candidates for the 'You Make Me Smile' award.

If you've never met a real live possum queen, visit Ava over at Tongue in Cheek.

Mary at Giggles and Guns is usually good for a few smiles.  Check it out.

And one more of a cast of over a hundred who will put a little upward curl in your lips. Visit The Golden Eagle for some amusement.

And let's hope for no more snow storms this week.  Hope you find a few new blogs.

11 comments:

Joanne said...

Congrats on your happy Award, and to your fellow nominees :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the snow wish, but it doesn't look promising.

L.A. Colvin said...

Congrats on the award. I have twin teenagers and they make me laugh on a daily basis. Usually when their younger brother has done something to them. Everyone needs tofind something to smile about every day.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations!

Helen Ginger said...

A cute award. Congratulations. It makes you smile, so it's fitting it goes to blogs that make you smile.

We were freezing yesterday and the day before. Today, it's beautiful. Don't even need more than a jacket outside.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm jealous, Helen. We had freezing rain which has turned to a cold, dreary mist.

Ava Quinn said...

Congratulations on the award, Sue. You deserve it. Your blog always makes me smile.

Thanks for passing the award on to me! My sea monkeys and zombie stinkbugs are psyched. And I give you my most sacred 'Possum Queen salute.
*curled claws, eyes rolled back, head to the side, tongue out*

Jemi Fraser said...

I teach elementary school and I agree - kids are the best source of smiles and laughter! Congrats on the award :)

Talli Roland said...

Oh, what a cute award! Congrats! :)

Diana Mieczan said...

Congrats on your award and I always love smiling too:) Wish you a great day
Kisses

Ps: you have such a great blog here

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks, Diana and Talli. I so agree with you, Jemi.
Thanks for the possum salute. I will hold it close to my heart.

Cheryl Reif said...

Congrats on your award! I have a teen and a pre-teen and they definitely make me smile. They're also good with hugs and book recommendations :)