Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Friday Fun Times


I could list many different things I love about being a writer but that's a blog for another day. I'll address two of the top wonderful benefits offsetting the rejection letters, endless edits and dare I say ceaseless promotion.

First are those opportunities that come along when I can interact with readers. This Friday from 6-8 pm, Aaron's Books in Lititz, Pennsylvania is hosting a multiple author booksigning and I'm honored to be invited. The historic town of Lititz hosts a special event every "2nd Friday" where all their shops stay open late. We're hoping for a big crowd and lots of readers interested in our books.

And writing about 'our books' let me say something about the second thing I really love about being an author. Spending time conferring, comforting, encouraging and being there for each other in this sometimes lonely career. And I should mention with the particular group of ladies I'll likely being doing a lot of laughing and having a good time. I'll be hawking our books with on Friday with three sister members of CPRW. Victoria Smith, Vicky Burkholder and Misty Simon have a published shapechanger anthology titled, The Shape of Love. I've read it and strongly recommend this fun and very original collection of short romances.

Vicky Smith also has her new YA fantasy available. Akashan'te will keep you up at night so be careful when you start reading it.

I'll be hoping to meet some fantasy readers interested in epic fantasy and the first book in The Futhark Chronicle, The Keepers of Sulbreth.

The weather looks clear, the company is of the best sort and Aaron's Books is a great location. I hope some of you can stop by and bring friends.

4 comments:

Jemi Fraser said...

Have fun at the event - sounds great! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks, Jemi. It will be a blast with these particular friends.

Helen Ginger said...

It's now Saturday. I hope the book signing went well - and you had lots of laughs as well as sales.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks,Helen. Your well wishes did the trick. We had loads of customers and I sold out. It was fun.