Wednesday, April 27, 2011

W: Wild Wednesday

It has been a month of wild Wednesday from the weather to challenge of blogging six days a week. 

The weather caused a number of changes in some athletic schedules so every day the evening events were up in the air until the last moment.  The torrential rains also sent some surface water into our basement.  It rained so hard the water ran in around the sliding glass door.  We save one section of carpet but the other needs replaced.  I know parts of the country have suffered much worse so I'm going to stop whining about it.  I only hope we go an entire day without thunderstorms for this wild Wednesday.

Blogging has challenged me.  Though I had almost all my subjects selected ahead of time, I didn't have all of them written when April started.  So each weekend has been busy as I make sure everything is ready for the upcoming week and try to catch up on commenting on other participants' blogs.  Wildly busy.

I've also had a wild time trying to prepare for Friday's release of my next fantasy romance, Tiger's Mate.  Today I'm participating in a chat at my publisher, New Concepts Publishing, as a way to promote this book and all my back list.  This live chat is a first for me, so I don't know what to expect.  I also have no idea how effective it is as a promotional tool. 

Have you ever participated in a chat as a promotional tool for a book with as the author or a reader? Do you think it has promotional benefits?

4 comments:

Cheryl Klarich said...

Wow! You have been through a lot! The wacky weather has affected where I live (St.Louis), but we were spared-Amazing that no lives were lost here- Always heed the sirens!!!

Prayers for your new book and it's promotion!

Jules said...

No professional chat but I do Skype :) As to the weather... I so understand and am trying to read and comment before the next round gets here :)
Jules @ Trying To Get Over The Rainbow

Bob Sanchez said...

Never used a chat to promote a book, but I'll be interested to learn what value it may have.

Cate Masters said...

Congrats on your upcoming release!
Any way to connect directly with readers is valuable. I have no way of knowing whether any chat may have directly contributed to sales, but the more readers become familiar with your work, the better. :) Have fun!