Friday, April 29, 2011

Y: Yahoo: Book Release

Yippee, my book is available today. Tiger's Mate is the sixth fantasy romance I've released.  I thought about trying to publish this one myself through some of the new programs, but I'm very happy with my current publisher, New Concepts Publishing.  They do a great job editing and on the covers for my books. One of my covers missed the mark but the others were pretty great.

My first writing love if pure sword and sorcery fantasy but I dabbled in writing romance before I sold that first fantasy book.  Why?  I like a good love story as do many people.  Many, many people.  Romance outsells all other genres of commercial fiction.  I write romances to make money.  But when you read my romances, you'll see my love of fantasy there.  Probably the fantasy elements in my romance novels take up a greater share of the plot than some typical romances. 

In my Tiger's of Salubria series, the Tigers are legendary race of warriors.  In the distant past, a curse was put upon these warriors so they have to form a magical bond with a person of magic when they reach maturity or they will die.  The person of magic then has some control over their fierce will.  You can believe these proud men of war resent their magical tethers as they move through society unprepared to meet them. 

The first book in the series, To Tame a Tiger, begins the tale and gives some background as to the origin of the curse.  It's available in print and ebook.  The book released today, Tiger's Mate, follows another of the swordsmen as he fights his way toward his lost homeland.  Please take a chance by entering this medieval world of sorcery, adventure and of course, love. 

I hope you don't mind my unabashed self-promotion but I have two kids and college.  Very expensive investment, those offspring. 

Will I make any money on these books? Every little bit helps.  I'm a long way from quitting the day job.  How about you? Can you or are you close to making a living off your writing? Do you think you will sometime in the future or is it a rewarding past time for you  and the money doesn't matter?

5 comments:

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm definitely not anywhere near being able to quite my day job. I'd love to be able to do it someday though but if I can't, I can't.

Good luck with your release! Congratulations!!

Cheryl Klarich said...

Susan, AWESOME JOB!!!
You are doing it, and that's what counts.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, Susan!!!! I can't imagine that many books.

jan said...

When I first started writing (late in life) I was jealous of published authors like you...believe it or not...but now I say, "Congratulations! Woo-woo!" The fact that other people have found success suggests that it may be possible for me, too...someday. So, thanks for the encouragement!

Ava Quinn said...

Yay, release day!!! Congratulations, Sue!