Thursday, March 14, 2013

National Wormhole Day

Thanks to Stephen Tremp and Laura and Luanne at Bards and Prophets for putting together this neat little fantasy jaunt. Each post is a short plan of what you would do if you could step through that wormhole to any place and time. Would you go forward or backward? Would you try to change something?

I guess I've watched too much Doctor Who, but I would be afraid to go back and time to change something. You know changing one little thing in the past could have big repercussions for our present despite how tempting it might be. So I would go to the future.

First of all, I really, really have always wanted to go through the Stargate. I really believe there is life on other worlds and I want to see them. So for my Wormhole day trek, I want to go one thousand years in the future where I can experience some travel to other worlds or at least learn about them. I want to know. And if I pick up the cure for some diseases while I'm there, I'll bring that back too. Perhaps the answer to the world energy needs and a way to end poverty and have world peace. The only way mankind will survive that long is if we've overcome those issues.

So where would you go? Want some ideas? Visit other bloggers for Wormhole Day.

12 comments:

Chancelet said...

A stargate? Sounds like fun. So you'd go to Earth in the future, and then go to other planets while in the future, or use the stargate to go directly to the planets? Either way, it would be a great learning experience and big adventure.

shelly said...

I'm not real sure where I'd go. But I don't think I'd want to stay on earth. I want to go where the angels fly.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Awesome! I want to go through the Stargate as well. The Pegasus Galaxy is first on my list.

Unknown said...

I'm such a content in the hear and now person, it's hard for me to think outside this box, so it's been fun reading where others' imagination would carry them.

Ava Quinn said...

I'm a little too germ-a-phobic to go. If I went to the past, with my luck I'd pick up the bubonic plague. And if I went to the future I'd probably come down with some new mutated strain of something-or-other and die.

So, I'll just stay right here with my little pack of handy wipes and leave the adventuring to you. Thanks anyway! :)

M.J. Fifield said...

I was just thinking what Ava wrote. I'd end up not finding a cure but rather contracting the plague or something else equally horrible.

Maria Zannini said...

Definitely the future, though I can't help longing to dress up as a boy and go back and mix paints for Leonardo or polish marble for Michelangelo.

Luanne G. Smith said...

Stargate technology would be so cool!

I think this is why people loved the original Star Trek series so much, because it presented a future where all these planet nations got along and Bones could cure you with a jab from his little inoculation gadget. Cool choice. :)

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Just don't pick up any extra diseases while you're there.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

NASA and scientists associated with the space program have confirmed that if water existed on Mars, it would be the kind that we could drink. They've also confirmed that Mars has all the building blocks necessary for life. Those are two clues that life could indeed exist on other planets, not only in our own solar system but in those we have yet to discover.

Jemi Fraser said...

I'd walk right through that StarGate with you! The Pegasus galaxy does have a lot going for it! :)

Jay Noel said...

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but 1000 years into the future scares the hell outta me!