Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Movie Blogfest

What a challenge issued by Alex Cavanaugh. Today in his latest blogfest, we're all going to list our top ten movies.  Check in on Alex's blog and find lots more links to great movie lists. You may find some you want on your Netflix Que.

1) I'm going to list these in no particular order. Let me start with an older movie, The Outlaw Josie Wales. This movie is classic Clint Eastwood. I grew up on westerns but this one is more than that. It takes place in the aftermath of the Civil War and the lingering resentments that dogged the people of that time. The book was great too.

2) Going with my cowboy love, I have to add a John Wayne. Big Jake takes place at the turn of the century when the eastern part of the country was becoming civilized and the west was still wild.

3) The Count of Monte Cristo is on my watch once a month list. I love it even though it's nothing like the book.

4) Staying with historical, I also rewatch The Last of the Mohicans on a regular basis. So what if it veers from the book. I still love it.

5) Pirates of the Caribbean, Curse of the Black Pearl, is the best of that bunch. The others never quite lived up to it.

6) I'm going to lump all three movies from the Lord of the Rings into one selection. About nine hours of video to enjoy.

7) A more recent pick is The Avengers. Tony snarky Stark is too fun to skip. Can't wait for the next Iron Man.

8) Probably cheating again, but I'm putting all three Batman movies here though I liked the second and third better than the first.

9) My favorite musical is The Sound of Music. It has everything, action, adventure, love and great voices.

10) And to round out my list of ten, I'm adding Megamind as my favorite animated movie.

Did I hit any of your favorites? Hop over to Alex's and see what lots of other bloggers picked. Thanks again to Alex.

31 comments:

Unknown said...

Nolan's Batman movies are a great choice - if I'd had the space I would have added them in myself :)

Jamie

Elise Fallson said...

The Last of the Mohicans, I haven't seen that movie in ages, but I remember enjoying that film a lot. It was hard to narrow the list down to just ten.

Unknown said...

Outlaw Josey Wales was one of the great westerns and normally I don't get into westerns... I know so many great films.

Jeremy [Retro-Z]
Howlin' Wolf

M.J. Fifield said...

I think I could've written this list. Megamind was hysterical.

mshatch said...

Loved Last of the Mohicans. Daniel Day Lewis was not excellent but hot as hell.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

LOTR and the Avengers are on my list. Last of the Mohicans just missed my top ten. Awesome Michael Mann film.
Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

LD Masterson said...

Oh yeah. Last of the Mohicans and Sound of Music could have been on my list if it was just a bit longer.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I lumped all three Rings movies together.

Mark Means said...

The Count of Monte Cristo is another I didn't have room for, but really liked.

Great list, as well :)

Al Diaz said...

The last of the Mohicans and the Pirates of the Caribbean are not in my list but they are in my heart.

nutschell said...

Sound of Music made my list too! And I loved Count of Monte Cristo as well:)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

David P. King said...

I'm surprised how much I'm seeing Megamind getting a mention in this fest, which is awesome! :)

Jemi Fraser said...

So many good ones! I haven't seen the Avengers or Batman movies yet - really need to fix that!

Elsie Amata said...

Tony Snarky Stark - I love that!! He's one of my favorites too and I look forward to Ironman!!

momto8 said...

I would have not guessed you a cowboy western fan!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Josie Wales - I haven't seen that one in a long, long while.
And Sound of Music and Megamind - awesome picks!

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I like westerns and yet I don't think I added one to my lists.

hibilala said...

After reading your post, I am looking forward to this. Your post is particular useful, plz keep going. Where to sell runescape accounts?

Anonymous said...

Love Megamind! Another CG movie that is fun to watch and heavy on character arc.

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

oh MegaMind...the soundtrack alone is animation perfection...lol

love the list!

Sabrina said...

That's a very interesting list. I've wanted to see Monte Cristo for a while, but have to finish the book first, I've kind of stalled in the middle.

Ron Easton for Dads UnLimited said...

oops...that was supposed to be me, that last comment, but I was signed in under my wife's name!

D.G. Hudson said...

LOTR and Pirates of the Caribbean are two on your list that I like a lot. (a lot of other posts lumped similar movies together, too)

Ava Quinn said...

LOTR would probably make my top ten. Absolutely my top 20. :)

Mel Kinnel (@TizMellyMel) said...

I absolutely love Megamind, probably even more than my kids. The Outlaw Josie Wells is pretty cool, love the LOTR trilogy and Pirates of the Caribbean too.

Trisha said...

The ones I've seen are Mohicans, Pirates, LotR, The Avengers, the Batman movies & Sound of Music. The only one I was a bit iffy about of those was the Avengers. I know, I'm weird ;) I think it was just too hyped up and therefore a disappointment when I saw it.

DiscConnected said...

Good list, although I must be one of the few world citizens who simply was not bowled over by The Avengers.

I think by last May, I was "comic-book movie"-ed out.

Leading off with Josey Wales got my attention!

Larry

Tammy Theriault said...

i am right there with you on the last of the mohicans!!! yep yep, great movie!

M Pax said...

What a fun list. I love historically based movies. Last of the Mohicans was an interesting book.

Anonymous said...

Loved a lot of the same movies you listed though not all of them managed to make it to my top 10. Top 20 on the other hand... :3

The Happy Whisk said...

I love animated films, and will check if NetFlix carries Megamind.