Friday, September 26, 2014

First Friday of the Fall

The week flew by wit lots of work to be done. I had a book to be edited and I'm still working on it. I polished up my article for IWSG: Guide to Publishing and Beyond. Don't forget to get your post ready. Next Wednesday is our regular posting day and I know all members of the group have received instructions. We all know something, big or small that could be helpful to others.

Here's some weekly wisdom from my Old Farmer's Almanac. If you sing before breakfast, you will have bad luck. No problem for me. I like a day where I don't have to say anything until afternoon.

The sword wounds the body, but words wound the soul. -- Arabian proverb

It is not enough to be industrious; so are ants. What are you industrious about? -- Henry David Thoreau

A little Tolkien to get us through the weekend though maybe I should have saved it for the next Hobbit movie.

I'm enjoying some new fall TV shows. I liked the first episode of Scorpion. We'll see how it goes. Glad to have Sleepy Hollow and Person of Interest back on with new shows. Syfy's Haven is also back on for a short season. Supernatural will be back on soon and Once Upon a Time starts this Sunday. That's enough TV for me. Not quite an hour per day on average. Upped my jogging time to 90 minutes four or five times per week. For some people that might be half a marathon but I'm really, really slow. It does cause me some consternation when those turkey buzzards circle over my head. I'm not that slow.

Do you have your IWSG post ready? Any of the Old Farmer's wisdom hitting home this week? What TV shows are you enjoying this fall or do you skip it altogether?

15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

If I didn't have to say anything to anyone until the afternoon, that would be awesome.
I'm sure you're not that slow...

Julie Flanders said...

The Farmer's Almanac wisdom made me laugh. My singing voice is so bad I would deserve any bad luck I got if I subjected anyone to it before breakfast. Or really any other time of the day.
Fall has always been my favorite season. I'm happy to see it arrive.

Maria Zannini said...

Re: I like a day where I don't have to say anything until afternoon.

LOL! I'm the quiet one in the family. If the husband didn't ask me any questions throughout the day, I'd probably be quiet all day.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

If I sing anytime, it's bad luck for those unfortunate enough to hear me.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Nice quotes! And I'm sure you aren't slow enough for Turkey buzzards . . . although I might be. :)

Tyrean Martinson said...

And I've sung before breakfast before . . . but often. It's always better from mid-morning on . . .the voice doesn't feel covered in rust then. :)

Susan Kane said...

It is best if I am left alone in the morning. My husband, however, is so darn chipper.

Patrick Stahl said...

I am currently watching: The Big Bang Theory, The Voice, Blackish, The Biggest Loser, Girl Meets World, and Dr. Who. I also watch the University of South Carolina's football games and the Pittsburgh Steelers' games.

Pat Hatt said...

haha the cat makes sure I talk to him before the afternoon. Person of Interest, Supernatural and Once Upon A Time are on my list, as well as a good 20 others lol

Luanne G. Smith said...

The dragons in my story are metaphorical, but I hope they still count as good adventure. :D

Happy Friday!

Lori L. MacLaughlin said...

Uh, oh. I like to sing. I guess I'm in trouble. I'll have to remember to wait until after breakfast. Love the Tolkien quote.

SittieCates said...

I love all the quotes!

IWSG post for next month is being written.

I don't often watch TV shows. I'd choose a book instead.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend!

Heather R. Holden said...

I'm pretty certain singing at any time of the day would be bad luck for me, haha.

Really love that Arabian proverb. So, so true!

The Armchair Squid said...

The Tolkien quote is particularly interesting in light of the fact that after the Hobbit, there are no dragons in the Lord of the Rings. That's three whole books with no dragons!

Shannon Lawrence said...

I typically just talk to my cat for the first half of the day unless I have a meeting, so I've got that covered. Though I'm sure I've occasionally randomly sung during the day, as well. I go a little cuckoo all by myself, even if I do like it.