Friday, September 5, 2014

The Week Flies By

Even with taking Labor Day Monday off from blogging, the week remained busy with IWSG on Wednesday. I'm still visiting the participants who celebrated the three year anniversary of the blogging group. I hope you're thinking about being part of the upcoming book.

As usual on Friday, I'll share some wisdom from my Old Farmer's Almanac Planner.
"A truth that's told with bad intent,
Beats all the lies you can invent."
William Blake, English poet (1757-1827)

Sunday is grandparents' day so keep this Swedish proverb in mind:
The young should be taught; the old should be honored.

And a quote from JRR Tolkien to inspire everyone to keep working for their goals.
"A single dream is worth more than a thousand realities."

So I'll be out of town for a few days visiting my son in Colorado but I'll be checking in on blogs and working on my WIP when I can. It will be great to get away for a little bit with no responsibilities except having fun and spending some time with family.

Have a good weekend. Hug a grandparent on Sunday or if you are one, get a hug. What did you think of the Old Farmer's wisdom today? Are you working for your dream? Did you vacation this year or have one in the plans?

10 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sadly none of my grandparents are still here.
It was a busy week. I'm also still trying to get through the IWSG list.

Pat Hatt said...

Enjoy your time away. Already submitted something at my bay haha

M.J. Fifield said...

My dogs always send cards to my father-in-law on Grandparents' Day. He gets a kick out of it.

Enjoy your time with your family.

Jay Noel said...

The IWSG book sounds like such a great idea. Looking forward to seeing everyone's input.

Have a great time in Colorado.

The Happy Whisk said...

Save travels.

The Happy Whisk said...

Safe travels. Duh.

Liza said...

Have a wonderful visit with your son!

Cate Masters said...

I'm lucky I get my hugs every day - such a wonderful present!

Empty Nest Insider said...

These are all great quotes! My favorite is, "The young should be taught; the old should be honored." Have a great time with your son in Colorado!

Julie

Joylene Nowell Butler said...

Susan, I don't know how Alex does it. I'm still visiting IWSG blogs too. But I'm going to take a break and go hug my hubby who is a grandpa eleven times!