Monday, September 8, 2014

Sunflowers for Tina

I'm saddened and blessed to part of this bloghop honoring Tina Downey. Tina blogged at Life is Good and you can leave a comment there for her family. Most of us met Tina through her work with the A to Z Challenge of which she was an integral part. You can find a list of hop participants on that site..

I think sometimes what makes us feel old isn't the years ticking by but rather the accumulation of sadness and loss. I never met Tina in person and still the world is dimmed by her absence. If you've kept up with Tina's post, though they weren't frequent as she dealt with health issues lately, you had to admire her attitude. Tina spent her time living. She made me smile many times.

May we all honor her memory by facing difficulties with good spirits and hope. May we be as generous to our fellows, even the near strangers we network with online. May we all remember that life is good and even better when we make it good for others.
My Daughter's Sunflowers

I'm in Colorado this week, visiting my son, so I'm not sure of my internet connection. I'll be visiting as many of you as I can.

It's difficult to comment on a bloghop like this when you're reading post after post that are very similar. So if you chose to comment, just give a short example of how your life is good. Make us all smile like the bright face of a sunflower.

19 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susan .. you're in Tina land when you're in Colorado - so enjoy your visit.

Life is good and was for Tina .. she was always an example for us ... and as you mention .... we should do all we can to make matters better for others ..

Thanks for your post ..cheers Hilary

Elise Fallson said...

I look at my children and know, life is good. Lovely tribute, Susan. Enjoy your visit with your son and travel safe.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

She faced life with such a wonderful attitude. May we all do the same.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

We all need to look at life the way Tina saw it.

Jeremy [Retro] said...

She took life one day at a time, Tina loved her life, family and friends... thank you!

Jeremy

Melissa said...

My life is better for knowing her.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Good post. Nice tribute.
My life is good because I can express myself through writing, and for that I am grateful. It is also good because I am literate, which makes a huge difference in this world.

cleemckenzie said...

Nothing makes me smile bigger than sunflowers. I'm sure that's what Tina felt, too.

Pat Hatt said...

Have to look and make the best of things indeed, great tribute.

Liza said...

My life is good because I get to write...and someone contacted me out of the blue and now I'm a part of Old Broads. I didn't "meet" Tina, but I can tell the kind of impact she had. The world was blessed to have had her.

Michelle Wallace said...

Tina is spreading love and warmth throughout our community. What a gift...
Life is good!

Chrys Fey said...

Thank you for your message. Because of Tina, and this tribute, I'm sure we will all try to face our difficulties with more grace and hope.

Rhonda Albom said...

Beautiful flowers and tribute. I love the way the brighten up the table and probably the room.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

My life is good because I just returned from a walk with my husband and, even though it was incredibly hot, I am thankful we are both healthy and able to move easily. Oh, and we got to see a couple of alligators, too. :)

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

Heather M. Gardner said...

She did have a wonderful attitude. We were all better for knowing her.
Thank you,
Heather

Jemi Fraser said...

Lovely! Tina's philosophy of Life is Good is shining through the internet today!

Elizabeth Mueller said...

I understand the difficulty in commenting on posts similarly composed! My life is good by the blessings God had gifted me--to be able to stay home with my kids (be at the crossroads), to have wonderful friends like you!

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥

Tammy Theriault said...

well said...
the flowers are gorgeous :)

Shannon Lawrence said...

Lovely tribute. Also, I saw your Colorado pictures above. Fun! Sorry you didn't see more wildlife. I'm still frustrated I haven't gotten to see a moose in the wild.