Last year, one workshop on promotion was all about Facebook and how an author MUST have at least 1000 followers on their FB author page. Once that happens, your career will take off. I scoffed then and it seems this year that many of the professionals at the conference feel the same way. Many of them do nothing on FB. Instead, they concentrate on blogging, Twitter, Google+ and Goodreads. For today, here are a few general ideas to improve your SEO. I'm sure many of you already use them and none of this is breaking news.
1. Keep your bios on all those different media sites and author pages updated. And make sure they match for the most part. (I'm very guilty of not updating. Getting to it.)
2. Link everything to everything and link it all back to your website (blog) and use relevant consistent keywords in your profiles on every site.
3. Feed Google. Make sure you post there and share links there. Announce everything on Google+.
4. Don't bury you identity on your blog or website. Make sure you name is obvious and have your latest book cover there.
Those are a few generalities. I'm guilty of not feeding Google. But it's on my list to make sure I'm following the four ideas above.
5. Link to other writers. So to follow that bit of advice, for just a few cents, you can check out Michelle Howard's Torkel's Chosen.
What would you do if Earth didn’t have enough men?
Would you take a chance and leave the only world you knew behind?
This is the decision Faith Reid faces. Placing all her hope in a new government program, she seizes the opportunity that offers a chance for the women of Earth to find love among the stars, on a world beyond the one they know.
How many times can one man risk rejection?
Would you give up on your dreams?
Torkel Alonson has had enough of being ignored and looked over by females on his adopted home world of Enotia. His pride has suffered and he must accept the painful truth. Females will never choose a male with his evil lineage despite his honorable service to his government’s military.
I love to hear from fans so please reach out to me. If the mood hits you, leave a review on Amazon or Goodreads.
firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter Website Facebook
Do you update your bios on a regular basis? Do you think Facebook should be a center of promotion? Do you like Google+? How do you feed Google? Have you tried Michelle's book?