It can't be 2024, yet here it is. There's a great way to start the year and that's with IWSG. Thanks to the admins and our founder Alex J. Cavanaugh, we can all share our insecurities for another year. Please find more bloggers participating in this blog hop here.
I am going to skip the optional question this month and talk about other things today.
I've said many times that I don't set goals, but I do make plans and right long to-do lists. Writing this post was on my most recent list. Other things on there for January of 2024:
1. Reach out to more reviewers and review sites for The Morbunda Trilogy.
2. Update my Goodreads page and other social media.
3. Continue work on my newest WIP. (No title yet even though I'm almost 30K in)
4. Write more reviews for my writer friends.
5. Help Pennwriters open registration for the Annual Writers Conference being held in May.
6. Begin editing on another of the book series I've recovered my rights for so I can self-published it.
That's enough for January. In the last three months of 2023, I managed to self-publish 3 books, write that 30K, attend a mini-con and set up a book signing for February.
"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have." Thomas Jefferson
The holidays were joyful and filled with family and friends. Too much food, but that's what the treadmill and stepper is for. Later this week, I'm heading out to meet a friend at an indie bookstore/cafe. I hope you find time to support those local bookshops and keep them running.
I enter 2024 with more optimism than I felt a year ago about my writing. I wish I could make enough on my books to dent the inflation that is hurting my pocket.
"If you can dream it, you can achieve it." Zig Ziglar
I wish you all a happy and healthy 2024.
Are you making goals and plans for 2024? Are you feeling optimistic this January? Did you accomplish what you want in 2023? Do you have a favorite indie bookstore?