Monday, May 21, 2012

Climbing Out of The Pit

I'm sure we've all had 'one of those weeks.' You know the kind. Let me give an example. Laptop in the shop for the old '3 to 5 business days' before even getting an estimate. Busy family stuff such as senior awards' night, daughter's softball playoffs rescheduled again and again by rain, one son needing help packing and stocking up before leaving for his three month internship(at a private resort in the Poconos, poor kid), a retirement party for a family member, and then to top off this wonder, a five day stomach bug highlighted by 18 hours of the worst illness of my life.  Feel sorry for me yet?

I'm not asking for sympathy, merely explaining why I've been absent. I was so sick, I couldn't even read.  I've never been that ill before.  But I'll be catching up with the blogs I missed.  I'll be enjoying my daughter's softball games instead of struggling to keep it together for seven innings. Hopefully, I'll be able to do some more running. And because I'm a glass half-full kind of gal, I did lose three of those five pounds I wanted to drop.  It wasn't the most pleasant method but it was effective.

I had to skip the annual Pennwriter's Conference this year because of that family member retirement party, but again looking on the bright side, I would have missed it because I was sick.  Saved myself some money.  But I do regret missing all that networking.  So apologies for not visiting everyone over the recent seven days, but I'm back on track now.  Hope you all had a better week than I did.

20 comments:

Tonja said...

I always forget how busy May is - so many school things for the kids. I hope things lighten up for you.

Heather Murphy said...

I loved this picture and I hope you are feeling better

Heather Murphy said...

I loved this picture and I hope you are feeling better

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Hope you're feeling better. At least you lost weight, even if it was a sucky way to do it.

LD Masterson said...

Hope today is the first of a bunch of better days.

M.J. Fifield said...

I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick. Like LD said, I hope you're at the start of a slew of good days.

Gossip_Grl said...

Sorry to hear you were sick, I contracted the Noro Virus last year at work. It lasted like a week. The most miserable time. Hoping you feel better soon.

JEM said...

Ugh, that sounds terrible. Here's to feeling better this week!

Talli Roland said...

I'm sorry to hear you've been so ill. But hey, at least you lost five pounds! :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Susan, I'm sorry! Hey, it's a new week. Can only get better.

Jemi Fraser said...

You poor thing! I think everyone had a better week than you did! I hope this week is going to look MUCH better than the last one!!! Take care *hugs*

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thanks for all your well wishes. One more of my children was sick today but I had a good day. Not quite back to running form but maybe by tomorrow.

Lynn Proctor said...

wow a five day stomach thing--kill me now----i am sick today--but it doesn't sound to bad after reading what's been going on with you--glad you are better!

Cate Masters said...

So sorry to hear you were sick, Susan! I'd have loved to attend Pennwriters too. Maybe next year.
Hope you're on the mend!

Ava Quinn said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better, Sue! My May and June are looking like yours. It's crazy busy. Even for us gnomes!

Golden Eagle said...

I hope you're feeling completely better soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the image! Mind if I borrow it and use it on Facebook?

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from a comment that said you lived close to TMI..me too...and then i saw all this other stuff! i would be very interested in the Penn Writers group...I will now keep an eye out in our wordily Patriot News...
i am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Nice to meet you, momof8, from a mom of six. Pennwriters is great for all kinds of writers.

Catherine Stine said...

Wow, you've been through a lot! And I was feeling guilty because I couldn't post for a week because I was traveling to my niece's wedding and to see my mom on Mothers' Day.
Back to the blog, and to trying to draft a sequel...