I just came from updating my Goodreads list of books. I was adding Breaking Point by CJ Box to my TBR list since I have it sitting temptingly on the edge of my text. I'll probably start it later this week. When I searched for it on Goodreads, I just entered the title and was shocked to see around a dozen books with the same title pop up. Didn't anyone Google their book title before settling on it?
My romance publisher, New Concepts Publishing, changed the title of my last book during edits. The title I had selected was too close the title of another book. They asked me to come up with a few choices. I like The Queen's Marine. My publisher suggested The Marine's Queen instead. I won't go into their reasons but they must have been right. It's been my bestselling book ever and has spent the last two weeks in the top 100 for military romance and even had a short stint in science fiction military top 100 for a while. I guess the lesson here is to listen to your publisher if they suggest a title for your book. They know stuff.
Barbara White Daille for giving me the Liebster Award. We met during the recent A to Z. As part of this, I'm supposed to answer the 11 questions she's provided. Instead of passing this award on, I'm going to just ask for you to share some of your own answers in the comments. That way I get to know a little about you.
1. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? It has to have peanut butter though I'm not a big ice cream fan.
2. What type of book do you like best? Probably epic fantasy but I enjoy so many other things like scifi, romance, suspense, historical and just about anything except celebrity books.
3. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I really want to live a little closer to the equator. I love the heat and hate the cold. But if I have to be cold give me Ireland or Scotland.
4. What would you do with the money if you’d won a million dollars? Mundane answer but I would make sure my children are taken care of and then I would fund some scholarships for deserving students because I know how expensive college is these days.
5. Which actor would play you in the next blockbuster film? Sandra Bullock though she's younger and much more beautiful. I think she could capture my attitude.
6. What’s your favorite book from childhood? The very first book I owned was the true story of Smokey the Bear. I still have it. The first books I read over and over again were The Black Stallion books by Walter Farley.
7. Would you like to read about a cowboy or a CEO hero? Cowboys!!!
8. What do you want your grandchildren (or friends, if you have no grandkids) to remember about you? That I lived up to the last and loved well.
9. What’s your favorite quote? Kind of a joke in our family but...Plan your work and work your plan.
10. What do you like best about yourself? I'm a good mother and an actually kind person.
11. What’s the most important item in your bucket list Don't have a bucket list. Maybe I'll make one now that I'm retired.
Would you share some of your answers to the above questions. Has your publisher ever suggested you change the title for your book? Have you encountered books with the same title by different authors?