Friday, December 26, 2014

Sunny Friday

After days and days of clouds, rain, ice and some snow, we finally are having a second day of at least some sunshine in a row. And the temperatures are warm. I usually enjoy a white Christmas but after the last few gloomy weeks, I'll take the sun. And the family time together was sunny also.

We're very fortunate in that all our children get along and really, really enjoy all being together. They look for excuses to get together and Christmas is a big one. The gift giving is a very small part for us. They play games of all types, enjoy watching football together and of course eat. If your past two days were half the fun and joyful as mine, you had a great holiday.

Though lots of people stretch this holiday time from Christmas right up until after the New Year, I have so much to do, I'm back to work on my writing. I can't even list the hundreds of things I need to do but somehow I'm going to fit in a visit to my local Barnes and Noble. My dear husband always gets me a B&N gift card for Christmas and it's just the excuse I need to hang out in a brick and mortar store.

A couple of new gadgets in our house for Christmas though none for me. My daughter already bought a book on her new iPhone and my husband loaded a game on his new tablet and his favorite newspaper app.

As a writer, I hope lots of people received Kindles for Christmas as the majority of my sales are through Amazon.

Happy Boxing Day to my Canadian friends. Hope you're getting some sunshine too.

Last bits of wisdom from my 2014 Old Farmer's Almanac Planner:

Be humble or you'll stumble.

In cold weather, blood flow to a reindeer's legs becomes restricted to preserve body heat.

In case you're worried about missing all those factoids in the future, I purchased my 2015 Old Farmer's Almanac and will shamelessly share what I learn each week with you.

"The secret of getting ahead is getting started." Sally Berger
And I'm going to use that quote to get myself moving on all those things I need to get done during the first half of 2015.

Are you still on vacation? Are you back to work on your writing or your day job? Did you get a new gadget for Christmas? Get any gift cards for books?

4 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

We're back to work here although today/Friday is a little more relaxed. I got lots of books for Christmas - yeh! - and gave a bunch of them, too - physical books and ebooks. :)

Glad you enjoyed the holiday!

Pat Hatt said...

Not back to the actual 9-5 until monday, but back to the writing indeed. Sounds like a great holiday was had at your pad indeed

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susan - I really should be settling down, but am still clearing the clutter - and then I shall move on fast as 2015 takes hold.

Books and films, the Kindle keeps getting loaded and it's time I settled down and read some of them ...

Cheers to you all and enjoy this time ... be humble or you'll stumble - good piece of wisdom to remember .. Hilary

The Happy Whisk said...

Super duper glad that you had a great time and here's to lots more fun, in 2015.