Wednesday, June 7, 2023

IWSG: June 2023

 


Difficult to believe it is June already. Time for another first Wednesday Insecure Writers Support Group. Thanks to our found, Alex J. Cavanaugh, and all the IWSG admins, we can share our woes, victories, expertise, and ask questions. Find the entire list here.

This month's optional question:

If you ever stopped writing, what would you replace it with?

Though I hope many years pass before I even consider stopping, I have so many things I love doing besides writing. Reading. So many books and so little time. Cross-stitch. I have two projects started and many more I would like to do. My beloved jigsaw puzzles. Just finished a 4,000 piece and have two 5,000 and one 6,000 waiting my attention. I'm into my new bicycle and pickle-ball. I have sisters in three different states I want to spend time with. So much to do and so little time. When do I find time to write?

"In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln

Looking forward to a new season of Jack Ryan on Prime and The Witcher on Netflix. And Justified is making a short comeback. At least some good things to watch in June.

Coming up on two years in our condo and I love it more everyday. The upkeep is so easy and no grass to mow. Not that it is growing much with our current lack of rain. Lots of places to walk, bike, and a pool to swim in that I don't have to take care of.

Had a great writers conference last month in Pittsburgh, PA. Great keynote speakers and so much goodwill  and talent surrounding every workshop and activity.

“No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.”
― Aesop

What keeps you busy day to day? What are you looking forward to in June?


15 comments:

Nick Wilford said...

It's nice to have a lot of things to do to keep you busy. I only just heard of pickleball. It does look like fun.

Natalie Aguirre said...

That's great that you have so many other interests. So do I.

Jemi Fraser said...

You always have such great quotes! Love them both. A full life is such a joy! Glad you have it and are loving the condo :)

Charity Bradford said...

:) My answer was take a nap. LOL. I do love to read and have devoured probably 30 books in the last month instead of writing. And I've been binge watching the Amazing Race on Paramount+. I went back to season one and have worked my way to season 14 already. I guess travel would be the one thing I'd replace writing with if money didn't matter.

Here's a link to my IWSG post: https://www.charitybradford-riverford.com/post/iwsg-the-pit-of-despair

Charity Bradford said...

I thing my comment got eaten? Sorry if this ends up being a repeat.
My answer to the question was take a nap. However, all I've done the last month is read and watch 14 seasons of the Amazing Race.

Here's a link to my IWSG post: https://www.charitybradford-riverford.com/post/iwsg-the-pit-of-despair

Tyrean Martinson said...

One of these days, I will try pickleball. I keep hearing good things about it. And new bicycles are awesome. I have an ebike these days, class 2, so it just helps with each pedal push. Glad you are enjoying life and where you live, and writing, too. :)

H. R. Sinclair said...

I hadn't heard of the Justified... movie, mini-series (whatever it is). Cool.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sounds like plenty to keep you occupied.
Looking forward to The Witcher. Watching From right now. Really want to know what's going on in that crazy town!

Sarah Foster said...

It's great to have so many creative outlets! I think I would do more puzzles if I had the space.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Be fun to speak at your conference one year. We'd make a vacation out of it since it's a day's drive.

We LOVE puzzles, but you are doing some really big ones. We have a 3000 piece Star Trek one we are saving for my husband's retirement. Until then, 1000 piece White Mountain Puzzles for us!

Steven Arellano Rose Jr. said...

It's good to have several interests besides our writing. Some of mine are, besides reading which every serious writer has to do, collecting 50s through 70s science fiction collectibles, vynal records, vintage paperbacks, and drawing and painting.

messymimi said...

Work keeps me busy, and there's so much else i want to do having to spend so much time just putting food on the table hurts.

Anonymous said...

Great post Susan, loved the quote.....very true.
Take care.
Yvonne.

Liza said...

Like you, I could keep myself busy. After a while though, there would be a void without writing. But yeah, reading, gardening, traveling, oh yeah, and exercising!

Gwen Gardner said...

Your list is as long as mine! So much to do, so little time. Writing is my priority, but I'm beginning to make time for other things as well. Love the quotes!