Saturday, November 12, 2011

Author Panel Today

Today I'm appearing live, from Noon until 2:00 pm at the Midtown Scholar Bookstore second annual bookfest.  Catherine, the owner of the store, was kind enough to ask me back to be part of an incredible panel of authors to answer questions and share information for the reading and writing public. 

I'm also looking forward to the all natural granola snacks and a tall drink of something cold and caffeinated.  I'll have a chance to purchase a few books from my fellow panelists and pick up a used book my sister admired last time we were at the Scholar.  It will be her Christmas surprise.

My daughter and a few of her friends may attend.  There are great places for customers to lounge in the lovely building housing the bookstore. It's a book lovers dream.

Does you local area have any kind of bookfest? Have you attended or been part of it?

7 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Have a great time! There's a book festival next spring, but we don't have many here.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You had me at something tall, cold, and caffeinated. I agree whole-heartedly. Have fun.

Golden Eagle said...

I hope it went well! :)

I'm not sure if there are any bookfests in the area . . . I'll have to look that up.

The Happy Whisk said...

Hope you had bunches of fun.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Hope you had a great time and it was all a success.
Not anything like that around here. :[

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I hope book festivals survive a few more years. Next year is the first Book 'Em NC, but from my own experience at the SC Book Festival earlier this year, less people are buying print books now - so I don't know how long Book 'Em NC will last.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Ah the joys of the really good, independent bookstore. And no, our area doesn't have anything like this.