Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Level Up Blogfest

Maybe we should call this fun Wednesday. At first I wasn't sure I would fit into Jamie's Blogfest over at Mithril Wisdom. When I first read about Level Up, I thought it was only for gamers, video gamers, not me. I'm only familiar with XBox360 and PS3 and other computer based games because my boys play them. I don't even play Angry Birds. But then I realized that the games I do enjoy can be part of this too even though they're old fashioned games with only one level.

I like to think our family is pretty close even though my children are grown and scattered. When we get together, we play games. Card games and board games. We have at least seven versions of Monopoly. But my personal favorite is Quiddler. This is a fun, word game that doesn't take as long as Scrabble. I highly recommend you play it with your children. And if your kids are like mine, you have to keep a dictionary handy because you can't trust some of their inventions.

I'm looking forward to seeing some more games and if they're not my old fashion style, I'll at least have some ideas for the round of birthdays I have coming up.

One other note here. Today is the day my B&N membership card needs renewed. I have to wonder if it's worth it. What do you think? And have any of you ever played Quiddler?

18 comments:

shelly said...

I've never heard of Quiddler. My family and I love to play UNO. As for a B&N card I don't have one anymore.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

Mark Means said...

I've vaguely heard of Quiddler, but have never played it.

Sounds like a fun word game, though.

Mel Kinnel (@TizMellyMel) said...

I have never heard of Quiddler. I'll have to check into it. My family and I have two different versions of Monopoly. Like your kids, mine are into PS3, Wii and Ninendo DS, which they take everywhere they go.

momto8 said...

never heard of Quiddler...I will check it out though...thanks! we like to play board games too..

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I've never played it! I'll have to find it online. We enjoy those types of games at our house.
I chose three games - hope that wasn't overload.

The Happy Whisk said...

I don't know if the Barnes membership is worth it. We have one. Have for two years, not sure if we'll do it again next year.

Not sure.

Al Diaz said...

I had never heard of it. We used to play UNO a long time ago.

Tonja said...

My kids and I combined an old Monopoly with a new one. Now there's all kinds of potential to modify the rules using double pieces (and drive my husband nuts).

Anonymous said...

I think I've seen Quiddler in the store, but I never picked it up and brought it home. Might have to do that one of these days, now that I've read your post. Thanks!

M.J. Fifield said...

I have never heard of Quiddler either. I've played a lot of Scrabble and Monopoly though. Once at the same time. Pretty sure I ended up losing both.

Unknown said...

I've not played Quiddler, but I'm glad you picked a board game as your choice; I've started getting into traditional gaming more and more and I'm loving it!

Thanks for taking part in the blogfest!

Jamie @ Mithril Wisdom

David P. King said...

I haven't played Quiddler, but it sounds like I'm missing out. :)

Laura Clipson said...

I've never heard of Quiddler, it sounds fun though, I love word games :)

Christine Rains said...

I've never heard of Quiddler, but that's a neat sounding game. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn Proctor said...

i have never heard of this---sounds kinda fun---i haven't renewed my card

Unknown said...

My wife's family is big into playing games when everyone comes over. They've introduced me to games I'd never heard of growing up, like Five Crowns and King of Elves. Quiddler sounds fun!

Ava Quinn said...

Quiddler is new to me, but I love word games.

I grew up playing card games. Some traditional ones like Rummy and poker, others not so traditional like slap Jack and bloody knuckles! Ahh, good times.

Golden Eagle said...

I've never heard of Quiddler. It sound like a great word game, though! :)