Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Search Is On

I've decided to take the time to do it all again. I'm searching for an agent. I haven't tried for over three years. In that time I've published two romances with a third due out in December and have a fantasy novel under contract. I have two more books in the hands of editors and have good hopes for both. When last I threw my lure out there for an agent, I had no publishing credits but now I have a few successes to prove I'm a serious author. So I'm trying again to employ one of those magic workers. My latest completed novel is the first book in new fantasy series. The series is called, Dragons and Gods, and this first book is titled, First Dragon.
I'm very excited about it. I think it's the book to get me in with the big boys in New York. Okay, call me a dreamer but at least wish me luck.
I'm interested to hear opinions from anyone out there about your experiences trying to get an agent and finding the right one. I really think it's the right spot in my career to not only get one, but because I need one. Wish me luck and share your own experiences.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

I found your blogspot on Facebook, thought I'd check it out.

My very best to you and your efforts; today's publishing climate is not at all amenable to new authors, however, as I'm sure you're well aware. It's my belief that the game is going to change, and in a radical way. I'm looking forward to it.

I also look forward to reading some of your work soon!

Best--