Monday, February 1, 2016

QotM and Lost & Found Hop

February already. The month of more winter but also of love. Time to think of what keeps you warm when the world turns cold.




Lost & Found:  Valentine's Edition

       Do you remember  that special feeling of love found?   And who hasn't experienced the emotional experience of love lost?  Some of you might have even lost a love only to find that person later for another go around.

And this blog hop is being combined with Michael D'Agostino 's first Monday Question of the Month blog hop. You can find the list at A Life Examined where Michael asks:
“When have you lost or found love?”

You see how the two hops have come together for one big fun time.

         Tell your story about love lost or found in our special Valentine's blogfest.   Your post can be a short fiction, an essay, poetry, or even a song--let your imagination run free.   Any genre is fair game, be it romance, historical fiction, memoir, or even science fiction.   After all there are no limitations when it comes to love.

          This special blogging event was inspired by a collaboration between Arlee Bird and Guilie Castillo-Oriard.   Joining in hosting will be Elizabeth Seckman,  Yolanda Renee,  Denise Covey.  and  Alex J Cavanaugh.   Don't be left out! 

After nearly 33 years of marriage, I can't really recall much about the loves I lost in the days of my youth. From the perspective of where I am now, they seem so shallow compared to the depth of what my husband and I share. As I write this, I think of all the sorrows and joys we've shared together. We've lost three of our four parents and a beloved nephew. We've stumbled through raising my two stepsons and our four children. We've struggled financially and worked long, long hours to see them through college. More than one day and night was spent in a hospital or a doctor's office because when you have children, that happens. Sleepless nights filled with worry and glorious moments of success shared with those wonderful children. And through it all, my dear Ron and I supported each other. It wasn't always easy or peaceful, but we've always been there for each other. We appreciate each other's strengths and forgive each other's faults. There has been more laughter than tears, more joy than sorrow and mostly there is love. My husband is more of a romantic than I am and no matter how difficult times were, he has always given me flowers for Valentine's Day, our anniversary and my birthday. I love the man and will always be glad that we found each other.

"It has made me better, loving you ... It has made me wiser, and easier and brighter."
Henry James, Portrait of a Lady

"Who being loved, is poor?"  Oscar Wilde, A Woman of No Importance

And it's getting closer. Later this spring, IWSG first short story anthology will be coming to a retailer near you. How about that lovely cover. More news coming your way soon.

Parallels: Felix Was Here
Anthology
Freedom Fox Press
A division of Dancing Lemur Press, L.L.C.

Enter the realm of parallel universes!

What if the government tried to create the perfect utopia? Could a society linked to a supercomputer survive on its own? Do our reflections control secret lives on the other side of the mirror? Can one moment split a person’s world forever?

Exploring the fantastic, ten authors offer incredible visions and captivating tales of diverse reality. Featuring the talents of L. G. Keltner, Crystal Collier, Hart Johnson, Cherie Reich, Sandra Cox, Yolanda Renee, Melanie Schulz, Sylvia Ney, Michael Abayomi, and Tamara Narayan.

Hand-picked by a panel of agents and authors, these ten tales will expand your imagination and twist the tropes of science fiction. Step through the portal and enter another dimension!

Whew that is a long post for me! Don't forget, first Wednesday posting for IWSG is only two days away. Is February a romantic month for you or just another cold month in which to curse winter? Have you found or lost a love or perhaps re-discovered one? Isn't that a great cover for the anthology?

36 comments:

Pat Garcia said...

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your love story. The essence of forgiving each other's faults and appreciating each other strengths. I like that and you said it so poignantly in words.
Shalom,
Patricia

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Now that is an awesome entry! I share your sentiments. I don't even remember girlfriends before my wife. Certainly no lost loves - she's the only one I've ever loved.

Unknown said...

Love those kind of love stories--the real ones.

Maria Zannini said...

Hubby is the sentimental half of our duo too.

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Loved hearing that about your husband! My husband is my best friend, and he's a romantic guy, too. :)

My IWSG post is ready to go!

Christine Rains said...

How wonderfully sweet! I'm on year 18 with my hubby and we love each other just as much. :) Have a great week.

Hart Johnson said...

I felt a little the same... so long with the hubs that it is hard to remember the earlier stuff.

Pat Hatt said...

Awesome you found each other indeed. A great cover too for IWSG.

betty said...

What a sweet love story of you and your husband; and of course add to it faithfulness for being together after 33 years :)

betty

M.J. Fifield said...

What a wonderful and sweet story!!

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! I love it when love succeeds. We're 16 years and going strong, aimed for eternity.

Stephen Tremp said...

Relationships are hard at times and take work and forgiveness. Thanks for sharing your inspirational life with us!

Bish Denham said...

That's the thing about a long term committed relationship, as we get older, there is a deep, abiding comfort that comes with it. But to get there you sometimes have to travel rocky uncharted road.

Chrys Fey said...

33 years of marriage. Wonderful! I hope you have many more. :) Support and forgiveness are the best tools are a good relationship.

Chrys Fey said...

33 years of marriage. Wonderful! I hope you have many more. :) Support and forgiveness are the best tools are a good relationship.

A Beer for the Shower said...

Wow, what a great story! And so true. Even though I've only been with my wife 5 years, I can't remember what life was like before her. And frankly... I don't want to.

nashvillecats2 said...

Lovely story Susan, wonderful to read.
Yvonne.

Yolanda Renée said...

You said it so well! Beautifully!
Our anniversary is Valentine's Day - it's a day of LOVE!

J E Oneil said...

What a nice love story. I can't imagine any better kind of love.

Robin said...

I think your Love Story is the one that we are all looking for in this life. Well, maybe not all, but a good many people want Just That. I'm so glad you "found" it.

Jennifer Ruth Jackson said...

It is wonderful to hear about lasting marriages in a world where so many don't endure.
My husband and I are hoping for seventy-five years together. I doubt I'll live that long, but we'll take every minute we can get.

mshatch said...

You are very fortunate :)

BB said...

You have certainly described a great marriage to a T. All of that goes hand in hand with making it work.

Guilie Castillo said...

Congratulations on a fabulous real-life love story! You're spot-on that it's not always berries and cream—but that's exactly what love is, isn't it? Anyone can be a nice guy/gal when things are going smooth. It's the rough patches—the heartbreak, the losses, the setbacks—that show a person's true colors. And that allow us to love them, and to be loved, for those true colors, too.

Thank you so much for being a part of the Lost & Found hop! So glad you joined :)
Guilie @ Life In Dogs

Tammy Theriault said...

Those quotes were perfect!!!

Nilanjana Bose said...

Here from the L&F and congratulations on your real-life love story! The best kind of love is the love that endures.

Michelle Wallace said...

What a wonderful tribute to a love that's stood the test of time!
Congrats on 33 years of marriage, Susan!
Writer In Transit

Mary Aalgaard said...

You two are very fortunate to share that kind of deep, bonding love. Your story together is tightly woven with the joys and sorrows of building a life together.

Mary at Play off the Page

Michele at Angels Bark said...

Beautiful sharing! What a heartfelt tribute to your marriage. Really nice. You are very blessed...

Michele at Angels Bark

Elizabeth Seckman said...

You're so right. I had no clue what love was until I felt it. Everything before was child's play.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

The best loves in life are the ones that stand strong through the years, enduring through the low point and sad events, and coming out on the other end even stronger than before. My hubby and I have been married for nearly 47 years, and it just keeps getting better.

Misha Gerrick said...

I hope to have 30+ years of marriage and such depth of emotion. :-)

Arlee Bird said...

I think being able to understand love more involves going through good times, hard times, and just regular times. Love is not always a high ride through the clouds, but is sometimes a trudge through the slough and mostly just everyday stuff. Young inexperienced "love" doesn't have the wisdom of the weathered enduring love of two people who have been through a lot together.

Arlee Bird
A to Z Challenge Co-host
Tossing It Out

Dixie@dcrelief said...

Susan - such is a miracle of life when we find that 'one' to share all things with - congratulations on 33 years. I wish you many more.

Unknown said...

you always have the most amazing quotes :) congrats on 33 years with the person you love at your side. I think I'm on 17 or 18. LOL. its a steady climb upward

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Susan - wonderful post - embracing your husband with your love and thoughts for your happiness through the years together .. beautiful. Yes the quotes are good - and 33 years is so good to know .. cheers Hilary