Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Visit Me

Today I have the honor of being interviewed on Patricia C. Lee's blog. She asks lots of interesting questions about characterization. Most writers create their characters' traits and build their back story long before we put the first words on the page. Pat's questions led me deep into the ideas behind my latest book, The Marine's Heiress.

I hope you'll stop by Pat's blog and leave a comment. And check out the special sale my publisher has going on to promote The Marine's Heiress with an exclusive offer only on the NCP website.

Do you know Pat? Do you do a character bio before you start writing? Ever have to change it up a little as the story progresses?

8 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Will go have a look at the other nook

PK HREZO said...

I always do character bios before drafting. I've found it to be so helpful during the drafting process!

The Happy Whisk said...

Been awhile since I've worked on fiction but I don't know that I've ever sat down and written out a character bio. Not on paper, anyway.

Hope you're staying warm. Freezing but so bright and beautiful here today.

Bossy Betty said...

Off to visit!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Thank you, Pat, Betty and PK.
LOL, Ivy, I'm staying inside. That bright sunshine is so deceptive. It's 4 degrees out there!

Anonymous said...

Susan: I don't do a full character bio other than listing a few characteristics and their physical description. I find that their traits evolve through the book.

Dana said...

I usually don't do bios. I find if I plan too much, I get stifled when I start to write.

Julie Flanders said...

Really enjoyed your interview with Patricia! The book sounds awesome.